Friday, February 26, 2010

Does any African American women on here know of any really GREAT products that stimulates hair growth??Help!?

My hair was very long and it fell out March 2008 and everybody noticed because I had such beautiful hair for a black girl. So I wore weaves from June-September 2008 took it out and used Dr. Miracles which didn't do anything then I put in a straight remy weave the first day of November then I got another one right after in February. Now I want to take it out again and treat it. Anyone have any good experience with certain products? Don't mention Dr. Miracles. Thankyou. Best Answer 10 points!Does any African American women on here know of any really GREAT products that stimulates hair growth??Help!?
Usually the product doesn't matter but your daily hair routine and diet does. Stress, an unhealthy diet, and bad hair habits can contribute to hair loss and lack of growth.





Washing your hair on a weekly basis regardless of what is in or on your hair very important. Weekly deep conditioning also is very important when growing hair.





Organics Root Stimulator products are really good in moisturizing the hair without weighing it down. And when you're getting your weave, tell the stylist to not braid tight and use a net so they aren't sewing wefts right onto your hair (tight braids and excess weight cause breakage)Does any African American women on here know of any really GREAT products that stimulates hair growth??Help!?
There's Mega-Tek cell rebuilder or Ovation Cell Therapy which can assist you with growing your hair.





You might want to visit Long Hair Care Forum, there's a lot of information that can help you with that too.
Theres;


Super Gro


Olive Oil


and Aloe Vera Super Grow ( it works really good.ive grown like 3 or 4 inches in the last month.)
First off...don't ever in your breathing days say that you had anything that was really nice, beautiful, etc. ';for a black girl';. It sounds self-hating, and suggests that black women don't typically have long or pretty hair. I can tell you, as a person who has a wide range of shades and skin tones in my family, that that notion is not true. I have women in my family who have long, thick hair and are dark skinned, light skinned, etc., and some who have short or natural hair, and they run the spectrum in skin tones. I don't care if I get a billion thumbs down, you just need to know how ignorant (both rude, and uneducated), you sound with your line of questioning. It's the reason why so many of our young black girls have image issues.





Now...if you want the pretty hair to grow back:


-Organic root stimulator products, specifically the carrot cream which is really great for growing in thinning hair, and sealing split ends. A lot of factors will determine what works best for you. It's really based on your skin and scalp type. You can also visit a salon for a professional consultation, they are usually free. Please be ready for the stylist to give you a lecture about that weave, whether it was put in professionally or not (I assume it was not, otherwise, you could ask your stylist what to do about your issue, and not YA).


They have lots of chemical and non chemical based treatments that would be a big help to restoring your hair. In the meantme though, you could try the line of products I mentioned. I personally feel that they work very well, and smell very good. I too have very long and thick hair, some of which died off about 3 years ago when I added highlights, but didnt take care of my hair. In 3 months after starting on these products, I was back to basics. To give you an example of my hair type, I've been told I look like Keisha Kight Pulliam.





Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment